[googlefont font=”Roboto” size=”30px” margin=”0 0 20px 0″]Why join the SHTA?[/googlefont]
With the businesses environment on St. Maarten evolving at a record pace, it is good to know that you have someone to turn to for questions, problems and most importantly answers.
Furthermore the SHTA offers a number of direct benefits to increase your bottom line, employee satisfaction and service and socio-economic impact on the island. The SHTA has a proven track record of over 25 years of consistent and professional services to its members.
[separator headline=”h3″ title=”TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN THE SHTA”]
- Largest business representative. The SHTA advances the hospitality & trade sectors by enhancing its business environment for the benefit of its members and the economic growth of St.Maarten.
- Business support services. The SHTA is a primary resource for companies with questions on the tourism industry.
- Networking events. The SHTA provides a forum for its members, by organizing meetings, fundraisers, SMART, conferences and seminars.
- Joint marketing programs. The SHTA is a driving force in marketing the island with efforts ranging from Tradeshows and FAM trips to advertising and sales promotion programs.
- Discount programs. The SHTA assists in promoting business for its members with several programs, e.g. the Tourism Discount Card / SHTA Fun Miles Card.
- Training programs. The SHTA supports human resource development in tourism, by sponsoring numerous scholarships and the CARIBCERT certification program.
- Promoting tourism. The SHTA creates awareness and educates the community on the growing positive impact of tourism.
- Industry specific statistics. The SHTA provides statistics, reports and other indicators of the island’s development directly to its members. The SHTA also has a library with over 500 reports that relate to St. Maarten at your discretion.
- Timely industry updates. The SHTA provides timely information to all members through personal contact, newsletters, the Voice and press releases.
- Advocate for industry. The SHTA lobbies for sustainable economic development, policies and legislation to all levels of government.