Asha Stevens Hillside Christian School
Asha Stevens Hillside Christian School has been teaching Christ-centered education for more than 40 years and is an established faith based insitute who have chosen Jesus as the center of our children’s education.
Address: Jackal Rd #4 cayhill, St. Maarten
T: +1 721 543 1650
Milton Peters College
The Milton Peters College (MPC) is the competent authority of the SVOBE (Foundation for the Advancement Secondary Education Windward Islands). The MPC is a school that provides education on the following levels:
- Preparatory Secondary Vocational Education (VSBO) which decomposes into:
- Theoretical framework based training (TKL)
- Practically oriented framework program (PKL)
- Practically oriented basic training (PBL)
- General secondary education (HAVO)
- Pre-university education (VWO).
Address: L.B. Scott Road, South Reward, St. Maarten
T: +1 721 548 3190
The Sundial School is a BSE and a VSBO school located on the Pondfill in Philipsburg next to the Philipsburg Jubilee Library.
What does BSE mean? (B.S.E.). BSE is the English abbreviation for Basic Secondary Education. Form1 and Form2 are B.S.E. years (‘Basisvorming’ in Dutch).
What does VSBO mean? VSBO is the Dutch abbreviation for ‘Voorbereidend Secundair Beroeps Onderwijs’ (Preparatory Secondary Vocational Education: PSVE).
Address: Charles E. Vogesstr. 14, Philipsburg, St. Maarten
T: +1 721 542 2910
University of St. Martin (USM)
The University of St. Martin (USM) is one of the main higher education providers on St. Maarten/ Saint Martin offering a variety of Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s and non-degree programs. USM, which motto is “Your Key to a Brighter Future,” prides itself in having over 900 alumni, many of whom continue to excel as accountants, managers, teachers, business owners, government administrators and other specialists in their respective fields of work. The principal mission of the University of St. Martin is to house, foster and disseminate the arts and sciences, placing knowledge at the service of the binational community through the contributions of its members, and to contribute to the island’s socio-economic development and sustainable living in the Caribbean. USM serves as the main centre of excellence in higher education, teaching and scientific research for the people of St. Martin and neighboring islands.
Philipsburg Jubilee Library
The Philipsburg Jubilee Library Foundation( PJL) , is a not for profit, non governmental, subsidized agency. It is the only public Library in Sint Maarten. The organization is run by a Board and the daily operation is managed by a director. The Chairman of the Board is Mr. P. Martens and the Director is Ms. G.E Holiday. Their contact emails are: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to expand the PJL’s core services to the general public two Satellites were opened in 2021, one in Cay Hill and one in Belvedere.
The Philipsburg Jubilee Library started its operations in 1973 and was later established as a foundation on September 27, 1974 under the articles of incorporation. The objectives are:
- To establish and keep in existence a library.
- To promote , encourage, and stimulate active reading of books and other legible materials.
- To do and promote everything in connection with the above. PJL main objective is to make available knowledge and information for citizens of all ages, by diversifying the programs to;
- Promote reading and strengthening reading habits
- Promote awareness of cultural heritage and appreciation of the arts.
- Contribute effectively towards literacy development
- Provide an inventory of technology and scientific innovations.
2022 theme is ” Literacy , A Window through new Ventures and that makes this opportunity with SHTA extremely welcome. The program themes are based on principles of individuals’ growth in the area of literacy, culture , personal and social development. In 2023 PJL hopes to celebrate its 100 year of existence and will call on everyone’s contribution.
Address: Walter J.A. Nisbeth Road # 3, in Philipsburg.