The SHTA recently awarded two of its hotel members for their outstand-ing contribution to the association’s Dollar-A-Day program in 2009. The properties were Oyster Bay Beach Resort for large hotels and La Vista Beach Resort for small hotels. The hotels outperformed other participating hotels in their respective categories.
As a token of appreciation, the SHTA awarded each member of the Frontdesk staff with $50 SXM Bucks. The SHTA and Management of the hotels felt it important to award these line workers, because it was mainly their efforts that contributed to the program’s success at the resorts.
The SHTA’s Dollar-A-Day program sponsors educational, environmental and marketing programs. Some of the Dollar-A-Day sponsored programs/ events in 2009 included:
Some of the Dollar-A-Day sponsored programs/ events in 2009 included:
- Caribcert Training Courses, where 81 employees were certified in the fields of Supervisor, Front Desk Agent, F&B Supervisor and Bartender
- SXM Pride Foundation’s International Coastal Clean Up
- The 29th Annual Heineken Regatta
- For the Love of Kids Foundation’s Anti Drug and Gang Violence Lectures
- St. Maarten Annual Regional Trade- show 2009
The SHTA would like to thank all of its Dollar-A-Day contributors for their continued dedication to the program.
These are: Carl’s Unique Inn, Coral Beach Club, L’Esperance Hotel, La Vista Resort, Oyster Bay Beach Resort, Princess Heights, Royal Islander Club, Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, The Horny Toad Guest House and Tur- quoise Shell Inn.