St. Maarten is the Culinary Capital of the Caribbean and restaurants continue to be an integral part of our tourism product. For this reason, the SHTA aims to bring together restaurant managers and owners to address the many challenges facing today’s restaurateurs.
By joining forces, the SHTA Restaurant Division can bring added value to restaurant members by focusing on these key issues:
- Training: Focus on training and education for quality restaurant staff.
- Advocacy: Representation to government on issues such as restaurant license fees, alcohol restrictions, labor issues, etc.
- Health and Safety: Awareness and enforcement of sanitation regulations, HACCP, etc.
- Marketing: Cooperative marketing and sales programs such as dine-around and wine programs, gastronomic packages, cooperative advertising and publications, website and e-marketing, etc.
- But also local awareness of the importance of restaurants, participation in the Taste of the Caribbean and other culinary competitions, etc.
- Communication: Newsletters and updates to keep all members informed of industry trends, island events, and restaurant opportunities.
- Purchasing: Using superior suppliers to deliver quality products.
The St. Maarten Hospitality & Trade Association would like to invite the restaurants on the island to learn what the Restaurant Division is all about. For more information on SHTA’s Restaurant Division, please call the SHTA office on 542-0108 or send an email to email@example.com.
[contact-form-7 id=”585″ title=”Become a member”]